Recently, we had the privilege of leading a webcast as part of Oracle Marketing Cloud’s “Spotlight on Success Series.” We were joined by marketing and demand gen leader, Meagen Eisenberg, who is VP of Customer Marketing at Docusign and a valued Integrate customer.
This 45-minute webcast highlighted one of the core challenges that plagues the majority of today’s demand gen practitioners and marketing automation users – manual data processes. \ If you are currently using Oracle Eloqua (or another marketing automation system), this post and session can help you understand:
- What pieces of your marketing funnel have yet to be automated
- The consequences that manual demand gen processes and disconnected third-party data have on your marketing organization
- How data integration can help overcome these challenges and reduce customer acquisition cost by more than 50% in some cases
For a deeper look into these insights, check out this SlideShare presentation.
Integrate works with numerous OMC customers and Oracle Eloqua users, several of which have industry-leading enterprise marketing organizations, to standardize and automate the demand generation processes used to fill their marketing automation and sales pipeline. Yet we often find that most of these customers are still using decades-old practices when it comes to their third-party and media data. In fact, of the marketers we surveyed, 83% manually upload prospect data (from media programs, lists, events, and other offline sources) into their Oracle Eloqua platform.
This creates a host of problems that drastically impact marketing, sales and customers. Talented marketing pros are often wasting a quarter of their time or more using spreadsheets to sort, scrub and standardize data so they can upload it into Eloqua. It can take days, sometimes weeks to get prospect data into the sales follow-up queue and that data is often inaccurate or incomplete at best. By the time sales is able to reach out, the period elapsed since interest was originally expressed negatively influences customer experience. It’s a domino effect, for sure.
By standardizing demand generation efforts into a single platform and integrating that platform directly with their Oracle Eloqua systems, these marketers find they are able to:
- Save time and money by eliminating manual data processes, allowing their talented team to focus on strategy and optimization
- Improve data quality by validating and standardizing all third-party data, improving sales and marketing follow-up
- Increase lead velocity by directly injecting data into Oracle Eloqua in order to rapidly capitalize on prospect interest
- Optimize media investment by applying lead performance intelligence to outbound marketing programs, thus reducing effective customer acquisition cost
In fact Docusign has seen a 56% decrease in cost per opportunity as a result of this practice. If you’d like to learn more about how this rapidly growing digital transaction management firm integrated third-party data with their Oracle Marketing Cloud (so you can too), click on the link below to watch the webcast.